Plumbing & Heating Engineering
If you’re serious about a career in plumbing, these courses will give you the grounding you need.
You will receive practical and theory lessons; in practical lessons you will work through a series of tasks or projects to develop your hands-on skills. The theory sessions provide you with the underpinning knowledge of the construction industry needed to apply your skills on site.
Your entry level will be assessed based on any previous experience you may have initial aptitude test results as well as discussing your goals and aspirations. No matter what level you start at each course prepares you for the next to allow you to progress and maximise your potential.
The course is broken down into units focusing on specific areas which are then assessed. This will allow us to check your progress before the next module begins. Don’t worry! Each unit is carefully programmed and delivered to ensure you receive training appropriate for you.
During the course you will receive practical and theory lessons. In practical lessons you will work through a series of tasks or projects to develop your hands-on skills. All of the tasks that you produce are set by the awarding body to demonstrate and verify your practical skills. The theory sessions provide you with the underpinning knowledge of the construction industry needed to apply your skills on site.
Areas covered include:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering
- Gain a hands on recognised qualification.
- Become ready for work.
- Modern high quality workshop.
- Attend work experience with a local plumbing company.
- Learn from professional staff that have many years trade experience.
- Heating Engineer
- Energy Industry
- Home-building industry
- Self-employment and more!
Please contact Student Services to discuss the entry requirements for these courses.
If you are aged 16 to 19 and have not achieved a grade A* to C in English and Maths you will be required to study these qualifications alongside your area of vocational study.
95% of students that applied to university from East Coast College gained a place