Course: Plumbing Level 2
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course mixes practical and theory lessons to provide you with the skills and knowledge you will need for a career in plumbing.
You will develop your hands-on skills in our modern plumbing workshops and work through tasks and projects set by the awarding body to demonstrate your practical work. The theory sessions will provide you with the underpinning knowledge of the construction industry needed to apply your skills on site.
You will study units including:
- Health and safety
- Scientific principles
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Central heating systems
- Electrical principles
- Communication with the construction industry
Why study with us:
- Plumbers are one of the most in-demand trades, providing you with many opportunities
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in our modern plumbing workshops
- You will develop excellent professional skills, equipping you for life in the workplace
You will need to have achieved at least a grade 4 in English and a grade 4 in maths. You will be required to attend an interview before you are accepted on to the course.
Assignments are practical and written and cover the skills and knowledge in the above units – there are various practical tasks to be completed within the practical workbook and each unit will have online, on-demand tests using multiple choice questions (e-assessment) and there will be short answer written papers.
You can progress onto Plumbing Level 3.
This course may also provide a platform to careers such as a gas engineer, gas service engineer and heating and ventilating engineer.