East Coast College students develop their skills in our two-onsite hair and beauty salons, Visions and Images, which are open to the public to book appointments.
The salons are fully supervised by professionally qualified tutors, all of whom have experience within the industry. We offer salon treatments at very reasonable costs with our main aim being to allow our students to gain their qualifications and leave us fully prepared to work in the industry.
Clients play a vital role in the learning situation and we would appreciate you allowing a little extra time for your treatments to take place. Treatment availability is according to each student’s timetable.
A skin test for all hair and beauty colour services is required at least 48 hours prior to your appointment.
We also stock a range of retail products – please ask the students for information on any of our retail ranges as it’s an integral part of their training to advise on.
Visions salon is based on-site at our Great Yarmouth campus. To find out more and book an appointment, please call 01493 419274.
Level 2 students
- Wet cut – £2
- Wash and blow dry/set – £3
- Wash, cut and blow dry – £5
- Shampoo and finish with intensive conditioning treatment – £6
- Shampoo, cut and finish with an intensive conditioning treatment – £8
- Full head colour – from £15
- Root retouch – from £10
- Root retouch with colour refresh – from £15
- Flash foils – from £5
- T-section foils – from £10
- Half head foils – from £15
- Full head foils – from £20
- QUASI (up to 24 washes) – from £12
- Perm – from £17
- Hair up – from £5
Level 2 students
- Eyebrows – £2
- Lip and chin – £2
- 1/2 leg – £4
- Full leg – £6
- Under arm – £3
- Bikini – £3
- Manicure – £4
- Pedicure – £4
- Brow tint and shape – £2
- Lash tint – £2
- Facial and free eyebrow shape – £5.50
Level 3 students
- Luxury body massage – £8.50
- Luxury facial – £8.50
- Electrolysis – £3
Images salon is based on-site at our Lowestoft campus. To find out more and book an appointment, please call 01502 525142 or 01502 525139.
Level 2 stylist
- Wash and finish – £5
- Cut and finish – £7
The following services include a finish. Add £2 to include a cut.
- Conditioning treatment – £5
- Intensive boost conditioning treatment – £10
- Wellaplex strengthening treatment – from £12
- Permanent full head – £20
- Permanent re-touch – from £15
- Non-permanent colour – £15
- Full head foils (one colour) – from £25
- Partial head foils – from £20
- Pulled through (non-foils) – from £15.00
- Wellaplex added to service above shoulder – £8, or below shoulder – £12
A valid skin test must have been carried out with us (lasting 12 months) before any colour work can be carried out and at least 48 hours prior to your first colouring service. We are unable to colour children’s hair under the age of 16.
Level 3 senior stylist
- Cut and finish – £10
- Dressing hair/hair up – from £8
The following services include a finish. Add £4 to include a cut.
- Permanent colour/blondor full head – from £25
- Full head foils (including two colours etc.) – from £30
- Partial head foils – from £25
- Long hair foils – from £35
- Colour and foil highlights* – from £35
- Wellaplex added to service above shoulder – £8 or below shoulder £12
The price for chemical treatments carried out on longer hair (below shoulders) is dependent on the amount of product used.
The hair salon is open from 9.15am to 11am for gents’ hair cuts.
Our full opening times are Mondays from 9.30am to 11.30am, Wednesdays from 9.15am to 1pm and Thursdays from 9.15am to noon.
Sessions are subject to change throughout the academic year to suit the needs of the curriculum.
- Eve Taylor essential facial – £8
- Eve Taylor intensive facial – £10
- Cleanse and make up – £3
Treatments marked * require a recorded skin test within a week prior to treatment and a minimum of 48 hours before. Skin tests are valid for 12 months.
- Eyebrow shape (wax/tweeze) – £3
- Eyelash tint* – £5
- Eye Brow Tint* – £3
- Lash and brow tint* – £7
- False lashes* (strip/individual flare) – £10
Please note that our individual lashes are not lash extensions and are for very short term wear only (one/two days)
Hands and Feet
Please wear open-toed shoes for pedicure treatments.
- Manicure – £7
- Luxury manicure – £9
- Pedicure – £8
- Luxury pedicure – £10
Waxing (temporary hair removal)
- Full leg wax (includes bikini line) – £10
- Half leg wax (knee to toe) – £7
- Bikini line wax – £3.50
- Underarm wax – £3.50
- Lip/Chin/Eyebrow Each area – £3
- Body massage – £15 (can include infrared/G5/audio sonic/vacuum suction )
- Back massage/hot stone back massage – £9
- Hot stone massage – £20
- Aromatic massage – £18
- Eve Taylor men’s facial – £10
- Eyebrow tidy – £3
- Manicure (buff finish) – £6
- Pedicure (buff finish) – £7
- Back/chest wax – £7
Indian Head massage
- Indian head massage – £10
Sienna X Cream/Spray Tan – £10
Please note that a full consultation will be carried out prior to all treatments. It is important to make the therapist aware of any painful areas or existing medical conditions. In some instances a doctor’s note may be required; where there is any doubt the therapist will refer you to your doctor.
Images’ gift vouchers are also available from our reception at £1, £5 and £10.