At East Coast College, everyone should have the same opportunities to achieve their potential, regardless of their needs.
What can I get support for?
Whether you are coming to our college to study for a vocational course, A levels, supported learning, an apprenticeship or a degree, we can support a wide range of needs, including:
- Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, and Dyspraxia
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Mental Health Difficulties
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sensory Impairment
- Physical Disabilities and Medical Conditions
What sort of support can the college offer?
We can offer a range of support, suitable to your needs, including:
- Support at interview (to help understand your needs and what help you may need)
- Transition arrangements
- Assistive technology (eg, laptops with specialist software, dictaphones, etc)
- In-class support
- Mobility support
- Personal care
- Communication support
- Wellbeing and counselling
- Modification of learning materials
- Exam access arrangements
- Advice and guidance on applying for Disabled Students Allowances (DSA)
- Independent careers advice and guidance
What do I do if I have an EHCP?
If you hold an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), please let us know and we will discuss with you the needs and support required. We may also make contact with the County Council who have issued the EHCP to better understand the needs and support.
How can I get in touch?
By telephone: 01502 525045 (Lowestoft), 01493 419215 (Great Yarmouth), 01502 537000 (6th Form)
By email: SENDSupport@eastcoast.ac.uk
In-person: All of our campuses have staff who can discuss your needs and support in person just call to arrange an appointment
What is the Local Offer?
Local Authorities produce a Local Offer to give children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and their parents and carers information about what support services there are available in their local area.
East Coast College is listed as an educational provider on both Local Offers for Suffolk and Norfolk County Councils and you can find more information on each of their websites.