Welding & Fabrication
Based in our well-equipped welding and fabrication workshops, you will develop your skills and learn from industry professionals.
Level 2 – This is your chance to get the training and education you need for an interesting and worthwhile career in the fabrication and welding industries. The programme makes extensive use of our new and well-equipped fabrication and welding workshops with plenty of hands-on practical work as well as some theory. You will gain experience in MMA, MIG, TIG and fabrication. You will also have classroom sessions to help build your general knowledge and maths and English skills.
Level 3 – This course will build on your skills, taking you to a high level of competency in TIG, flux core, structural steel work and fabrication theory and practice.
- Various Welding processes
- Health and Safety
- Engineering Principles
- Structural Steelwork
- Potential Projects
- Maths & English
- Work experience
- Industry level equipment and facilities.
- Industry experienced staff.
- Strong links with local companies to keep the course on track to meet their needs.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of different welding processes.
- Apprenticeship opportunities and interesting project work.
Sheet Metal Fabricators, Pipe Fitter Welders, Coded Welders, Architectural Structure Welders, Thick Plate Fabrication Works, Structure Steel Works
What can I go on to do?
- Enter employment
- An apprenticeship
- Progress to a degree programme or other higher education programme
If you are aged 16-19 and have not achieved GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths, any programme you choose will require you to continue studying English and maths.
95% of students that applied to university from East Coast College gained a place