Course: Welding and Fabrication Level 3
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
Lotus Cars and East Coast College have developed a fruitful partnership. The college's Welding students were provided with a unique opportunity of a placement at our Lotus Advanced Structures manufacturing site in Norwich. The students were able to put their skills to the test in a live environment, whilst also getting to understand our wider manufacturing systems and processes. The placement students impressed us so much, we then went on to offer them permanent roles at the end of their studies!
This is your chance to get the training and education you need for an interesting and worthwhile career in the fabrication and welding industries.
This course makes extensive use of our new and well-equipped fabrication and welding workshops, with plenty of hands-on practical work as well as some theory.
You will have the opportunity to complete work experience opportunities with local employers, site visits and summer internship programmes.
Units you may study include:
- Welding by MIG process
- Welding by TIG process
- Fabricating thick plate, bar and sections
- Engineering health and safety
- Manual metal arc welding of materials
- Plate work fabrication of materials
- Sheet metalwork fabrication of materials
- Engineering principles
Why study with us:
- All of our lecturers are industry experienced welders with professional links to
- High rate of progression to higher technical welding courses and employment.
- Learners have been able to secure industrial placements across a range of local employers such as Armultra and Lotus Cars, with many securing full-time employment.
You will need to have completed the Level 2 diploma in Welding and Fabrication.
You will be required to complete practical tests and written examinations.
You can progress into higher education, an apprenticeship or employment. The awards and certificates within this suite of qualifications could help you develop a career in the advanced manufacturing and engineering sector. They could lead to a number of job roles including fitter welder, pipe fitter, maintenance welding operative, plater fabricator or a welder.