Course: Welding and Fabrication Level 3
Welding and Fabrication
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This is your chance to get the training and education you need for an interesting and worthwhile career in the fabrication and welding industries.
This course makes extensive use of our new and well-equipped fabrication and welding workshops, with plenty of hands-on practical work as well as some theory.
You will have the opportunity to complete work experience opportunities with local employers, site visits and summer internship programmes.
Units you may study include:
- Welding by MIG process
- Welding by TIG process
- Fabricating thick plate, bar and sections
- Engineering health and safety
- Manual metal arc welding of materials
- Plate work fabrication of materials
- Sheet metalwork fabrication of materials
- Engineering principles
Why study with us:
- You will have the opportunity to complete a range of short courses that will enhance your employability skills
- You will learn in our industry standard facilities and resources
- You will have the opportunity to complete work experience with local employers
You will need to have completed Welding and Fabrication Level 2.
Completion of practical tests and written examinations.
You can progress into higher education, an apprenticeship or employment.
Career opportunities include roles such as a sheet metal fabricator, pipe welder, blacksmith, plater welder, welding inspector, steel erector, rigger, non-destructive technicians and quality controller.