Course: Professional Cookery Level 3
FT / PT
"At Adnams, we are passionately dedicated to supporting and developing future generations of hospitality professionals. Working closely with and supporting East Coast College we are pushing forwards together to give learners opportunities for work experience, onward learning and entry into meaningful paid employment."
Nick Attfield, Director of Properties, Events, Tours and Experiences
Hospitality and Catering is a vibrant and diverse industry which offers a wide range of great career opportunities. These courses are for anyone who wants to improve their skills and knowledge working front of house in a restaurant, bar or hotel, or back of house in professional cookery, kitchen services and patisserie.
There is a huge demand for skilled staff in the hospitality and catering industry with great emphasis on customer service, communication skills, resilience and leadership – all of which you will develop at college. The industry is local, national and international which offers great opportunities to see the world.
You will also get the chance to practice your skills at the East Restaurant on our Lowestoft campus using sustainable products sourced locally where possible, as well as through working at college functions and events.
Why study with us:
- We have great links with local and national employers, making us the first stop for many employers looking to recruit.
- You will undertake training and assessments in our popular East Restaurant, preparing and serving lunches, afternoon tea and dinners to the public
- You will visit London food markets, Michelin starred restaurants, taster sessions and meet local employers from Moss and Co, The Hotel Victoria, Morston Hall and more.
Why study with us:
- You will undertake training and assessments in our popular East restaurant
- You will benefit from masterclasses, guest speakers and work experience opportunities
- We have great links with local and national employers, making us the first stop for many employers looking to recruit
You will need to have completed Food and Beverage Service Level 2 or Professional Cookery or Kitchen Services Level 2.
Technical competence is assessed by observation which is tracked and maintained individually by each student. The programme is monitored by internal quality assurance and external verification by City and Guilds.
Many of our students progress to an apprenticeship or go straight into employment after impressing businesses during work placements.
Career opportunities include a chef (professional cookery or production), restaurant management, food and beverage service, bar and barista, conference and banqueting and school and residential home food production service.
Related Study Programmes
Hospitality Services (Food and Beverage Route) Level 2
Introduction to Hospitality Level 1