Are you interested in working at East Coast College?
In addition to the salary package, where we operate an incremental pay structure, there are many additional benefits that the College offers to all staff.
Generous Paid Holiday
- Lecturer’s annual leave entitlement is 52 days plus bank holidays.
- Support Staff annual leave entitlement is 29 days plus bank holidays rising to 34 days plus bank holidays per annum after 5 years’ service.
- Manager’s annual leave entitlement is 35 days plus bank holidays.
Generous Pension Schemes
Teaching staff are eligible for membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS). Contribution rates are currently 7.4% to 11.7% depending on salary for employees.
Support staff are eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). Contribution rates are currently 5.5% to 12.5% depending on salary for employees.
Other benefits of pension schemes include:
- Provides you with a guaranteed future income.
- The option to take a tax-free cash sum on retirement.
- Protection for your loved ones including ill health, death in service, survivor benefits.
- A facility to increase your retirement benefits by paying additional contributions.
- Tax relief on your pension contributions.
In house and external CPD programmes to enhance your skills and develop your potential, including discounts on some College training courses.
As part of our new teacher package we can support you to achieve a teaching qualification whilst working at the College.
Sodexo scheme including shopping discounts, cycle to work, leisure discounts and lots more savings.
Employee Assistance Programme
Free access to 24-hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Occupational Health Services
Dedicated support and advice through our external wellbeing providers.
Staff discounts including the use of East Restaurant, Hair & Beauty Salon, Motor Vehicle services and a free onsite gym.
Free On-site Parking
We have free parking available at both of our campuses.
Free Sight Tests and Flu Jabs
Free sight tests and flu jabs available from the People and Wellbeing Team.
Including policies related to paid maternity/paternity leave.
Staff forums, drop-ins and wellbeing focus groups.