Course: Painting and Decorating Level 2
FT / PT
Gain an industry recognised qualification and prepare for the world of work with our painting and decorating courses. You will be taught by industry qualified decorators in our well-equipped and maintained painting workshops and classrooms.
This course also includes work experience, which can be arranged through college or undertaken with a friend or relative working within the industry who is prepared to give you some valued work experience.
Units you may study include:
- Apply paints by brush and roller
- Painting and wallpapering
- Specialist decorative effect
- Architectural feature work
- Wallpapers to complex areas
- Airless and (HVLIP) high volume low pressure spraying
- Applying colour
- Preparation of surfaces
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Why study with us:
- You will learn and develop practical trade skills
- You will be taught by our highly skilled and qualified members of staff
- You will benefit from our maintained and stocked workshops
You will need to have achieved at least a grade 3 in English and a grade 2 in maths. You will also need to attend an interview before you are accepted on to the course.
Your entry level will be assessed based on any previous experience you may have, initial aptitude test results and from discussing your goals and aspirations. No matter what level you start at, each course prepares you for the next, to allow you to progress and maximise your potential.
All practical assignments will be assessed in the workshops
You can progress on to Painting and Decorating Level 3.
After completing this course you may choose to progress to another programme to develop your knowledge of the industry further or find work within the industry. Former students have gone on to work within the industry or have even set up their own businesses. Many are now helping to train the workforce of the future as they have also taken on apprentices of their own.
Related Study Programmes
Painting and Decorating Level 1