Course: Painting and Decorating Level 1
FT / PT
This course is for candidates who work or want to work as a painter and decorator in the construction sector.
This course covers a range of units including:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to non-complex areas
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
All programmes include visits, guest speakers, training opportunities and work experience as standard. We take part in various competitions to showcase the skills and determination of students from the college.
You will need to have achieved at least an Entry Level 3 qualification in English and maths. You will also need to attend an interview before being accepted on to this course.
Successful completion of this course may lead to employment or you may be able to continue with your training by becoming an apprentice or joining the Level 2 Painting and Decorating course. Former students from the construction department have gone on to work within the industry or have even set up their own businesses. Many are now helping to train the workforce of the future as they have also taken on apprentices of their own.
Related Study Programmes
Painting and Decorating Level 2