Course: Groom Your Dog in a Day
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course is an introduction to grooming your dog and why it is important. It will provide you with a good introduction to the dog grooming profession and the range of equipment you will need.
You will cover:
- Different types of coats
- Bathing – what products you use, why you use them and what techniques are used
- Drying and brushing techniques
- Nails and clipping
- Hygienic cleaning – the importance of anal gland expression, ear cleaning and teeth cleaning
- Introduction to grooming equipment
- Basic clipper techniques
- Shaping techniques using clippers and scissors
You will train in our on-site dog grooming parlour, Murphy’s Muddy Paws Grooming, and all equipment will be provided for the day.
Please get in touch to inquire about the next start date for this course.
You will need to bring along your own dog to groom for the course.
You can progress to study our Level 2 and then Level 3 Dog Grooming courses to develop your skills and qualifications.
Related Study Programmes
FdSc Conservation Science and Animal Management (Wildlife and Zoo)
Animal Care Level 2
Introduction to Animal Care Level 1