Course: Animal Care Level 2
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
You will gain theoretical and practical experience of caring for animals in a variety of settings: e.g. the classroom, your work placement and on exciting trips and visits. You will also continue your English and maths GCSE to achieve the 4 grades required for level 3.
Topics may include:
- Practical Animal Health
- Animal Biology and Health
- Work Placement
- Animal Welfare
- Animal Behaviour
- Feeding, accommodating and moving animals
- Success rates well above national average with exceptional high grade achievement
- Excellent links with local employers leading to work placements
- Highly qualified, specialist teaching staff
- Unit specific trips to zoos, sanctuaries, UEA and more
- Great progression routes to level 3, apprenticeships and higher education
Five GCSEs at Grade 3 or above including English, maths and a science or have completed the Animal Care Level 1 course
This course is for students who have a passion for animals who are keen on understanding the development of the animals and the essentials for the care needs of the animals.
It is also aimed at students who have not achieved Grade 4 or above in English/maths and so will be taking these functional skills qualifications alongside the main animal science course.
The course is science based and so an interest in science is also required.
Assessed by assignments which are graded. GCSE qualifications are assessed through coursework and formal examinations. You will also complete 150 hours of work placement within the animal care sector throughout the year.
You can progress to the Animal Management Level 3 course, an apprenticeship or employment
Related Study Programmes
Animal Care Level 1
Animal Management Level 3
FdSc Conservation Science and Animal Management (Wildlife and Zoo)