Course: Sport and Physical Activity Level 3
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
Do you want to develop the knowledge and skills required to help people lead a healthier lifestyle through sport and physical activity? Our courses combine academic studies with developing your sport and exercise skills as well as leadership, organisation and communication. You will study a variety of practical, theoretical and applied sport and fitness topics.
Units may include:
- Effects of Exercising on the Body Systems
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport
- Psychology for Sport Performance
- Planning and Leading Sport Activities
- Fitness Testing
- Training and Programming
- Sport Injuries and Massage
You will also have access to a range of work experience opportunities.
Work and industry experience you will receive on this course:
- The opportunity to take part in some coaching at local primary and secondary schools
- Instructing disability sport and physical education
- Tennis and badminton academy
- Boxing academy
- The opportunity to work with clients in the fitness industry
- Leisure industry placements
- Leadership of events and ongoing health and wellbeing opportunities
You will also have access to our sport, health and fitness facilities at both our Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Campuses.
You will need to have achieved at least four GCSEs at grade 4 or above (including English and maths).
Assessment will be through the successful completion of a portfolio of evidence. Evidence will be generated through:
– Practical assessments
– Group assessments
– Written assessments
Completion of this course offers a variety of opportunities to progress your career. You could go on to study a range of courses at university, such as Sports Sciences, Sports Coaching, Sport and Exercise Development or Sports Journalism. You could also choose to progress onto the FdSc Sport, Health and Exercise at the University of Suffolk at East Coast College.
A range of work-based training opportunities, such as apprenticeships, would also be available to you. Our students have progressed on to courses at a higher level or found employment working in a variety of roles within the sports industry including personal trainer, sports analyst, sports official, sports psychologist and physiotherapist.
Related Study Programmes
Access to Science and Health
BSc (Hons) Sport, Health and Exercise (Progression Route)
Sport and Physical Activity Level 3
FdSc Sport, Health and Exercise
Sport and Public Services Level 1
Sport Level 2