Course: Electrical Installation Level 2
Electrical Installation L2
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course is currently full for September 2022. If you are interested in a course in the construction industry, take a look at our Plumbing, Carpentry and Painting and Decorating courses or our new T Level in Design, Surveying And Planning For Construction.
Applications for September 2023 will reopen from September. If you have any questions, please contact us via the ‘enquire now’ button below.
Are you interested in being part of the exciting and growing electrical industry? If so, this course is for you.
You will learn through practical and theory lessons held in our specialist electrical installation workshops using the very latest industry standard equipment.
You may study units including:
- Electrical installation planning, preparing and designing
- Electrical installation craft skills
- Inspecting, testing and commissioning of electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Electrical science and principals
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Understanding environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems
Why study with us:
- You will be taught by highly skilled and qualified members of staff
- You will learn in specialist electrical installation rooms, where you will carry out your practical work
- You will be encouraged to complete a work experience placements which can sometimes lead to apprenticeship opportunities
You will need to hold a GCSE in maths and English at grade 4 or above. Your entry level will be assessed based on any previous experience you may have, initial aptitude test results and from discussing your goals and aspirations. No matter what level you start at, each course prepares you for the next to allow you to progress and maximise your potential.
Assignments are practical and written and cover the skills and knowledge in the above units – there are various practical tasks to be completed within the practical workbook and each unit will have online, on-demand testing using multiple choice questions (e-assessment) and there will be short answer written papers.
After completing this course you may progress on to an Apprenticeship or on to Electrical Installation Level 3. Former students have gone on to work within the industry or have even set up their own businesses. Many are now helping to train the workforce of the future as they have also taken on apprentices of their own.