Course: Brickwork Level 2
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course is currently full for September 2022. If you are interested in a course in the construction industry, take a look at our Plumbing, Carpentry and Painting and Decorating courses or our new T Level in Design, Surveying And Planning For Construction.
Applications for September 2023 will reopen from September. If you have any questions, please contact us via the ‘enquire now’ button below.
These courses allow you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and career progression in bricklaying.
In practical lessons you will work through a series of tasks to develop your hands-on skills, all set by the awarding body to demonstrate and verify your skills. You will also complete theory lessons to provide you with the underpinning knowledge of the construction industry needed to apply your skills on site.
Topics you may study include:
- Safe working practices
- Interpreting working drawings
- Producing thin joint masonry structures and masonry cladding
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Construction cavity walling
- Principles of construction and information
Why study with us:
- Former students have secured employment and apprenticeships with large national and local companies
- We have well-resourced workshops and classrooms
- You will benefit from an individually tailored learning experience
- We have a highly qualified and skilled delivery team
You will need to have achieved at least a grade 4 in English and a grade 4 in maths.
Your entry level will be assessed based on any previous experience you may have, initial aptitude test results and from discussing your goals and aspirations. No matter what level you start at each course prepares you for the next to allow you to progress and maximise your potential.
All practical assignments will be assessed in the workshops.
You can progress into an apprenticeship or employment.
Many of our former students have secured employment as a bricklayer, site supervisor, ground worker, general site operative, scaffolder, estimator or stonemason.
Related Study Programmes
Brickwork Level 1