Course: Brickwork Level 1
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course is for candidates who work or want to work as a Bricklayer in the construction sector. It allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bricklaying.
On your programme of study you will develop these essential skills as you work towards achieving your qualification. Within your programme of study you will also develop a range of techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for further study or your working life.
This course covers a range of units including:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out blocklaying activities
- Carrying out bricklaying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
You will need to have achieved at least a grade 3 in English and a grade 2 in maths. You will also need to attend an interview before being accepted on to this course.
You will be assessed in a number of ways including multiple choice question papers, online exams and practical assignments.
Successful completion of this course may lead to employment or you may be able to continue with your training by becoming an apprentice or joining the Level 2 Brickwork course.
Related Study Programmes
Brickwork Level 2