Course: Brickwork Level 1
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course is ideal for those who work or want to work as a Bricklayer in the construction sector. It allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in bricklaying.
In practical lessons you will work through a series of tasks to develop your hands-on skills, all set by the awarding body to demonstrate and verify your skills. You will also complete theory lessons to provide you with the underpinning knowledge of the construction industry needed to apply your skills on site.
Topics you may study include:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out blocklaying activities
- Carrying out bricklaying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
You will need to have achieved at least a grade 3 in English and a grade 2 in maths. You will also need to attend an interview before being accepted on to this course.
You will be assessed in a number of ways including multiple choice question papers, online exams and practical assignments.
You can progress on to Brickwork Level 2, into an apprenticeship or to employment.
Related Study Programmes
Brickwork Level 2