Course: Brickwork Level 1
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course allows you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and career progression in bricklaying.
In practical lessons you will work through a series of tasks to develop your hands-on skills, all set by the awarding body to demonstrate and verify your skills. You will also complete theory lessons to provide you with the underpinning knowledge of the construction industry needed to apply your skills on site.
Topics you may study include:
- Safe working practices
- Interpreting working drawings
- Producing thin joint masonry structures and masonry cladding
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Constructing cavity walling
- Principles of construction and information
Why study with us:
- Former students have secured employment and apprenticeships with large national and local companies
- We have well-resourced workshops and classrooms
- You will benefit from an individually tailored learning experience
- We have a highly qualified and skilled delivery team
You will need to have achieved at least a grade 3 in English and a grade 2 in maths. You will also need to attend an interview before being accepted on to this course.
You will be assessed in a number of ways including multiple choice question papers, online exams and practical assignments.
You can progress through the Bricklaying courses with us at East Coast College or into an apprenticeship or employment.
Many of our former students have secured employment as a bricklayer, site supervisor, ground worker, general site operative, scaffolder, estimator or stonemason.
Related Study Programmes
Brickwork Level 2