Course: Health and Social Care ‘Care Cadets’ or ‘Health Trainees’ Level 3
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
Whether it’s your passion to work with children, teenagers, the elderly or vulnerable, our courses will help you develop the skills and knowledge to work in many different aspects of the care
You will have a work placement that fits around your career ideas, including working in clinical settings, with young people, with older people, in care homes, day centres and schools.
You will have your own scrubs to wear in placement and will train in our own practical rooms, complete with hospital beds and equipment.
Modules you will study include:
- Human growth and development
- Anatomy and physiology
- Mental health
- Working in health and social care
Why study with us:
- You will be taught by industry professionals including nurses, paramedics, operating department practitioners, social care workers and mental health practitioners
- You will spend time learning in high quality industry placements
- Our lecturers have specialisms including mental health, science, psychology, substance misuse work, nursing care, social work, homelessness, child development, dementia care and education
You will need to have achieved at least five GCSEs at grade 4/5 and above, including English and maths.
You will also need to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate (DBS) Application, this is an active Criminal Record check to ensure suitability of working with Vulnerable People. This is completed after enrolments on the course and will be discussed further at interview.
You can progress onto a range of degree programmes including social work, nursing, occupational therapy and paramedic science.
You can also progress into an apprenticeship in subjects including social care work, healthcare and nursing.