Course: Essential Digital Skills
Entry Level 3
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
Free (subject to personal circumstances)
This course is designed for all ages and levels of ability to ensure you have a good understanding and knowledge of digital skills which are needed both for home and work in this digital age.
You are able to learn using your choice of device, a laptop, desktop Windows computer or a tablet. You will learn the fundamental digital skills needed for everyday home and work activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will achieve an Essential Digital Skills (Gateway) Entry Level 3, Level 1.
The course will cover the following topics, at varying degrees of difficulty according to the level you are studying:
- Using digital communication at home and work, e.g. email, social media, FaceTime, Zoom, Google classroom and other video conferencing systems.
- Finding and selecting information from the internet and staying safe and legal while online.
- Handling information and content – saving and finding content on your device, creating, editing and formatting documents in programmes such as Word or Powerpoint.
- Carrying out online transactions. For example shopping online and completing forms for services.
- Solving problems by searching for information online and using spreadsheet programmes to analyse data.
This course is free for adults to study, subject to your personal circumstances. Please contact our Admissions team on 0800 854 695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
This course will run at either Lowestoft campus or Great Yarmouth campus and will be communicated to applicants ahead of the start date.
Please get in touch to enquire about the next start date for this course.
No formal entry requirements are needed, but it is essential that all learners have some knowledge of using their chosen device.
You will also need to attend an induction and assessment session. From the results of your initial assessment we will be able to decide the level of qualification that you will study.
You will be able to progress through from Entry Level 3 up to Level 1 Digital Skills. You will improve your self-confidence and achieve an excellent preparation for many other courses and employment of your choice.
Related Study Programmes
Community ESOL (All Levels)