Course: Essential Digital Skills
Entry Level 3
Essential Digital Skills
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This is a new course designed for all ages and levels of ability to ensure you have a good understanding and knowledge of digital skills which are needed both for home and work in this digital age.
You are able to learn using your choice of device, a laptop, desktop Windows computer or a tablet. You will learn the fundamental digital skills needed for everyday home and work activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will achieve an Essential Digital Skills (Gateway) Entry Level 3, Level 1.
The course will cover the following topics, at varying degrees of difficulty according to the level you are studying:
- Using digital communication at home and work, e.g. email, social media, facetime, Zoom, Google classroom and other videoconferencing systems.
- Finding and selecting information from the internet and staying safe and legal while online.
- Handling information and content – saving and finding content on your device, creating, editing and formatting documents in programmes such as Word or Powerpoint.
- Carrying out online transactions. For example shopping online and completing forms for services.
- Solving problems by searching for information online and using spreadsheet programmes to analyse data.
This course will take place on Thursdays 4pm – 6pm. The next start date for this course is Thursday 14th January.
Please note that this course is not suitable for beginners. No formal entry requirements are needed, but it is essential that all learners have some knowledge of using their chosen device.
You will also need to attend an induction and assessment session. From the results of your initial assessment we will be able to decide the level of qualification that you will study.
You will be able to progress through from Entry Level 3 up to Level 1 Digital Skills. You will improve your self-confidence and achieve an excellent preparation for many other courses and employment of your choice.
Related Study Programmes
Community ESOL (All Levels)
Advanced Communication and Language Skills (preparation for IELTS)