Covid-19 student, parent and carer update – 08/03/2022
Children and young people who usually attend an education or childcare setting and who live with someone who has COVID-19 should continue to attend the setting as normal.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be available in college.
- Testing: please continue taking lateral flow tests twice a week, these remain available at reception.
- Vaccination: to find out more about how to get a vaccination please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ or phone 119 (free), between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. Local information on vaccinations for Norfolk and Waveney can be found at https://www.norfolkandwaveneyccg.nhs.uk/covid-19-vaccination-programme and for Suffolk at https://www.suffolk.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations-in-suffolk/
- If you need to isolate and work from home: the link for students to apply for Student Finance and laptops is https://portal.eastcoast.ac.uk/StudentFinancePortal, if you need help to do this email student finance on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lowestoft 01502 525124 or Great Yarmouth 01493 418312.
- Wellbeing: if you would like to speak to someone about wellbeing, our friendly team are available at Great Yarmouth on 07747037852, Lowestoft on 07823349327 or Lowestoft Sixth Form on 07823349300 or for all campuses email email@example.com
- Useful links: find support information on the website for a wide range of things you might need help with at http://www.eastcoast.ac.uk/student-support/wellbeing/
- Reporting absence to college: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 854 695 – choose your campus – then option 1 to report an absence due to Covid.
The government has recently updated the rules around Covid self-isolation, the latest change is that it is no longer the law that people have to self-isolate and instead it is advice and guidance is that people who have tested positive should self-isolate. The College supports this advice and guidance and asks that all students follow it.
The Covid-19 absence guide for students, parents and carers aims to help you understand what you need to do if you have Covid symptoms, test positive without any symptoms on a Lateral Flow Test, or live with someone who has Covid. If you are unsure what you should be doing, please contact the College for advice. Please forward any queries or request help to access the information to email@example.com.
Covid-19 student flowchart update
Covid-19 student flowchart v156
Should students attend college if feeling unwell?
In order to help reduce transmission of Covid-19 in College, please follow these steps if a student is feeling unwell with any cold of flu like symptoms:
- Students must not attend College if they have any symptoms which might be described as cold or flu like, this applies regardless of how mild the symptoms are. If these symptoms exist the student must take a PCR test.
- The student must not return to College until they have a negative PCR test result, or if their test result is positive, once they have completed the period of isolation notified by Test and Trace.
- If the student feels well enough, they can work/study from home whilst awaiting the PCR test result.
- If a student develops any symptoms which might be described as cold or flu like, regardless of how mild the symptoms are, whilst at College they should leave the College campus immediately and to go home and arrange a PCR test.
- The student must not return to College until they have either received a negative PCR test result or, if their test result is positive, once they have completed a period of isolation.
Please contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.