Gaining qualifications in the workplace, supported by college staff, is becoming an increasingly popular option. Apprenticeships are available in a broad range of careers with employers across a wide area. Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
As an Apprentice you will:
- Work alongside experienced staff
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Study towards a related qualification
Apprenticeships take one to four years to complete depending on their level and your progress.
Start dates for Apprenticeships are rolling throughout the year. If you have not already obtained GCSE grade C or 4 in maths and English, then you will need to achieve this by studying GCSE or Functional Skills courses with us at college.
Who can apply?
You can apply for an Apprenticeship while you’re still at school. To start one, you will need to be:
- Aged 16 or over
- Living in England
- Not in full-time education when the Apprenticeship starts
- You will need to find an Apprenticeship vacancy as you must be employed as an Apprentice.