Automotive (Motor Vehicle)
Our motor vehicle department offers courses to help you gain the qualifications you need for a career in this industry. You will study theory in a classroom with modern rigs and resources.
Practical lessons will be in our fully equipped workshops, with full MOT test lane and the latest diagnostic equipment.
We run a Realistic Working Environment, where learners carry out a variety of workshop tasks on customers’ vehicles.
Some key elements include:
- Automotive Health and Safety
- Steering Systems
- Braking Systems
- Suspension Systems
- Engine Technology
- Cooling Systems
- Lubrication Systems
- Service and Maintenance Techniques
- Complex Diagnostics
- Industry standard workshops.
- Excellent progression to higher education.
- Industry professional tutors.
- Opportunities for work experience with local companies.
- Opportunities for trips to big racing events and motor shows.
Garage Mechanic, MOT Inspector, Racing Team Maintenance, HGV Haulage Company Maintenance, Motor Vehicle Technician, Diagnostic Technician, Parts Advisor, Service Advisor, Apprentice
What can I go on to do?
- Enter employment
- An apprenticeship
- Progress to a degree programme or other higher education programme
If you are aged 16-19 and have not achieved GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths, any programme you choose will require you to continue studying English and maths.
95% of students that applied to university from East Coast College gained a place