Corporation & Governors
East Coast College has a Governing Body which guides and monitors the strategic direction of the College. This Governing Body is called the Corporation. Corporation are responsible for:
- The determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and for the oversight of its activities
- Approving the quality strategy of the institution
- The effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and for safeguarding their assets
- Approving annual estimates of income and expenditure
- The appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay of senior posts and the clerk to the corporation
- Setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff
The Governors at East Coast College are a group of professional people from different industries that possess a wide range of skills and expertise. They have strong links with the College’s senior management but are not involved in the day to day operation of the College. Staff and student representatives are also represented on the Governing Body.
Should you have any questions about the workings of the Corporation, or you wish to understand the Governors Register of Interests, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Wendy Stanger - Clerk to the Corporation