Following your initial assessment, an individual learning plan is created, which will highlight your strengths, and details any areas of need.
The course is broken down into units focusing on specific areas which are then assessed. This will allow us to check your progress before the next module begins. Don’t worry! Each unit is carefully programmed, and delivered to ensure you receive training appropriate for you.
During the course you will receive practical and theory lessons. In practical lessons you will work through a series of tasks or projects to develop your hands on skills. All of the tasks that you produce are set by the awarding body to demonstrate and verify your practical skills.
Areas covered include:
- Safe working practices/communication/building methods and construction technology
- Prepare surfaces for decoration
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- Apply standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Creating and Applying Colour