STCW Medical Care Aboard Ship and Refresher
This course is required if you wish to qualify for a Chief Mates/Masters certificate of competency at sea and / or are in charge of the medical care of personnel aboard their vessel.
If successful, candidates will be awarded a certificate which meets the performance criteria laid down for Medical Care Aboard Ship in accordance with Regulation V1/4 of the annex of the STCW convention and section A-V1/4 (4-2) of the STCW Code and the Merchant Navy (Training and Certification) Regulations.
- Nursing principles and clinical examination
- The respiratory system
- The urinary system
- Injuries and wounds
- The gastrointestinal system
- Eyes, ear, nose and throat and dental/oral conditions
- Diseases and spread of infection
- The female reproductive system
- Medical care of rescued persons
- External assistance and the evacuation of patients
Progress will be assessed through continuous assessment via multiple choice questionnaires during the course and an oral/practical examination on completion.
03 - 07 June 2019
08 - 12 July CM full
29 July 0 02 Aug 2019 CM FULL
05 - 09 August 2019 CM Full
09 - 13 September 2019
25 - 29 November 2019
10 - 12 June 2019
07 - 09 October 2019