Brickwork & Masonry
These nationally recognised qualifications will take you to an industry standard level in the construction sector. You will learn how to build solid walls, cavity walls, brick piers and all the brickwork skills required for building new homes, extensions, renovations and maintenance.
Level 1 – The Construction Carousel Programme will focus on developing vocational technical skills alongside English, Maths and personal skills. It will provide you with the opportunity to try your hand a variety of construction crafts. The groups will rotate skills every half term until Easter. Students will be asked to select their favoured option to study post Easter, with priority being given to the highest performing students.
Level 2 and 3 – Take your brickwork skills to industry-standard level with this recognised national qualification. Lessons are a mix of practical workshops and classroom sessions to give you a grounding in the theory and practice of traditional and contemporary brickwork. Our courses are nationally recognised qualifications and offer a clear progression route from Level 2 to Level 3.
- Bricklaying and block laying
- Cavity walling
- Building methods and construction technology, information, quantities and communication
- Safe working practices
- Setting out building masonry structures up to damp course level
- Maths & English
- Work experience
- Excellent, industry standard workshops.
- Professional, experienced tutors.
- Opportunities for work experience with local industry.
- Fantastic pass rates of achievement.
- Good progression to employment.
Bricklayer, Restoration Worker, General Builder, Paving, Self-Employment
What can I go on to do?
- Enter employment
- Progress to a degree programme or other higher education programme
If you are aged 16-19 and have not achieved GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths, any programme you choose will require you to continue studying English and maths.
95% of students that applied to university from East Coast College gained a place