The Prince’s Trust programme is designed to prepare you for work, training or further education. You will gain experience in a real working environment, improve your confidence and communication skills, and become work ready to then be able to progress onto further education or employment.
Aimed at people aged 16 to 25 and not in employment or education, the 12 week full-time course is fully funded and your Universal Credit is unaffected! The course will equip you with skills that will improve your chances of progressing into work or further education.
Criteria is evidenced via an assessed portfolio (no exams or assignments).
Take part in a fast-paced, engaging programme offering great variety and lots of work-based learning in the community. Throughout the 12 weeks you will improve your confidence, develop your communication and team working skills and gain valuable work experience; helping you become employment/apprenticeship-ready.
You will work towards a Prince’s Trust Award or Certificate; gaining a National Qualification. Activities include:
- An action-packed residential team building trip
- Taking on a group Community Project
- Gaining valuable work experience (in an area of interest to you)
- Boosting your English and maths skills (embedded into programme)
- Making an impact, supporting community groups
- Developing an outstanding CV
- Planning your next steps
- Receiving professional support and interacting with expert guest speakers
You also have the opportunity to work towards 4 additional qualifications: Momentum Youth Awards
With your Prince’s Trust Certificate you could progress onto:
- Paid Employment
- Further Education
- Higher Education
- Become a Prince’s Trust Young Ambassador
3 in 4 young people who study with the Prince’s Trust move into employment, training or education within 3 months.
95% of students that applied to university from East Coast College gained a place
Course Duration:12 Weeks
Study Level:Entry Level 3
Study Level:Level 1
Study Level:Level 2
Method of Study:Full-time