STCW Shipboard Security Officer
An MCA approved course meeting the requirements of SOLAS and the ISPS code in respect of Ship Security Officer training.
The course covers security both onboard the ship and the interface between ship, operating company and port facility.
- An introduction to the background of the ISPS Code and relevant legislation
- The company security organisation, the roles of the CSO and SSO, security requirements and security administration
- Ship security assessments, the ship security plan, methods of conducting audits and ship and port facility security measures
- Behavioural patterns of people likely to threaten security
- Recognition and detection of weapons
- Testing and calibration of security equipment and systems
13-15 November 2017
12-14 February 2018
01 - 03 May 2018
How much will it cost?