STCW Personal Survival Techniques (Basic Sea Survival)
The course follows a standard programme. The course delivers a basic knowledge and practice of survival techniques and principles that can be applied to maximise the probability of survival following a marine casualty.
The course is physically demanding. Candidates must be physically fit and meet the standard entry requirements for entry into the Merchant Navy.
The course will address the following:
- Actions prior to abandonment of the vessel
- Basic principles of survival
- Types of survival equipment provided on board ships
- Training and drills
- Correct use of the lifejacket and entering the water from a height
- Launching of a liferaft.
- Righting of a capsized liferaft
- Wet and dry boarding of a liferaft.
- Bringing aboard an injured casualty
- Hypothermia and other medical factors
- Liferaft first aid
- Liferaft equipment
- Actions to aid location by rescuers
Training is delivered through a combination of theory and practical sessions.
15 January 2018
01 February 2018
15 February 2018
01 March 2018
29 March 2018
12 April 2018
03 May 2018
31 May 2018
18 June 2018
05 July 2018
30 July 2018
02 August 2018
30 August 2018
13 September 2018
01 October 2018
25 October 2018
05 November 2018
29 November 2018
13 December 2018
Company bookings can be arranged at short notice and Saturdays
How much will it cost?