STCW Personal Survival Techniques (Basic Sea Survival)
The course follows a standard programme. The course delivers a basic knowledge and practice of survival techniques and principles that can be applied to maximise the probability of survival following a marine casualty.
The course is physically demanding. Candidates must be physically fit and meet the standard entry requirements for entry into the Merchant Navy.
The course will address the following:
- Actions prior to abandonment of the vessel
- Basic principles of survival
- Types of survival equipment provided on board ships
- Training and drills
- Correct use of the lifejacket and entering the water from a height
- Launching of a liferaft.
- Righting of a capsized liferaft
- Wet and dry boarding of a liferaft.
- Bringing aboard an injured casualty
- Hypothermia and other medical factors
- Liferaft first aid
- Liferaft equipment
- Actions to aid location by rescuers
Training is delivered through a combination of theory and practical sessions.
- 13 November 2017
- 11 December 2017
- 15 December 2017
- 15 January 2018
- 01 February 2018
- 15 February 2018
- 01 March 2018
- 29 March 2018
- 12 April 2018
- 03 May 2018
- 31 May 2018
- 18 June 2018
- 05 July 2018
- 30 July 2018
- 02 August 2018
- 30 August 2018
- 13 September 2018
- 01 October 2018
- 25 October 2018
- 05 November 2018
- 29 November 2018
- 13 December 2018
Company bookings can be arranged at short notice and Saturdays
How much will it cost?