STCW Medical First Aid Aboard Ship
This course is a requirement for seafarers wishing to progress at sea as a rating or become an Officer of the Watch (OOW).
- Construction and functions of the various parts of the human body
- Medical stores carried on ships
- General principles relating to pharmacology
- The principles for dealing with accidents or other medical emergencies
- The application of immediate first aid in the event of accident or illness
Assessment is continuous via multiple question papers during the course and an oral/practical examination.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate which meets the performance criteria laid down for Medical First Aid Aboard Ship in accordance with Regulation V1/4 of the annex of the STCW convention and section A -V1/4 (1-3) of the STCW Code and the Merchant Shipping (Training and Certification) Regulations 1997. These standards are approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
05-08 November 2018 (Mon to Thurs)
14 - 17 January 2019
23 - 26 April 2019 (Tues - Fri)
15 - 18 July 2019
04 - 07 November 2019