STCW Medical Care Aboard Ship and Refresher
This course is required if you wish to qualify for a Chief Mates/Masters certificate of competency at sea and / or are in charge of the medical care of personnel aboard their vessel.
If successful, candidates will be awarded a certificate which meets the performance criteria laid down for Medical Care Aboard Ship in accordance with Regulation V1/4 of the annex of the STCW convention and section A-V1/4 (4-2) of the STCW Code and the Merchant Navy (Training and Certification) Regulations.
- Nursing principles and clinical examination
- The respiratory system
- The urinary system
- Injuries and wounds
- The gastrointestinal system
- Eyes, ear, nose and throat and dental/oral conditions
- Diseases and spread of infection
- The female reproductive system
- Medical care of rescued persons
- External assistance and the evacuation of patients
Progress will be assessed through continuous assessment via multiple choice questionnaires during the course and an oral/practical examination on completion.
MCAS Full course
13 - 17 August 2018
20 - 24 August 2018
10 - 14 September 2018
26 - 30 November 2018
02 - 04 July 2018
09 - 11 October 2018