Shipboard Safety Officer
This course meets the recommendations of the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) and Code of Safe Working Practices in respect of Ship Safety Officer training.
Suitable for seafarers who are about to or are already serving as either safety representatives or safety officers. The course addresses both accident prevention and accident investigation.
- The latest UK health and safety regulations and IMO conventions
- Duties and responsibilities of the safety officer and safety representatives
- The safety officer's training function onboard ship
- Accident theory, recognition and detection of hazards and assessment of risk
- Safety officer's role in accident prevention, investigation and reporting
- Site inspection and safety committee work
- Role playing exercises simulate site inspections, accident investigations and safety committee procedure.
23-25 October 2017
22-24 January 2018
How much will it cost?