RYA Short Range Certificate (VHF)
This certificate, administrated by the RYA (Royal Yachting Association), is suitable for operators who use marine VHF equipment on the international marine VHF channels. This includes yachtsmen, offshore and crane operators.
Note: This certificate is not acceptable by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and is not STCW endorsed.
- Marine safety at sea (SOLAS)
- General radio regulations
- Practical operation of marine VHF equipment to contact coastal radio stations, coastguards and other ships.
- Standard Horizon
- Sailor and Furuno DSC Controllers
- Transas VHF/DSC simulator
Course duration is one day with an exam the following morning. There is an expectation that the delegate completes up to 3 hours private study prior to attending the course.
07 - 08 February 2019
11 - 12 April 2019
13 - 14 June 2019
Company specific course dates available, call or email
£150.00 + VAT (plus £60.00 RYA exam fee)