Dynamic Positioning Induction
This course fulfils the requirements of Phase 1 of the Nautical Institute DP scheme. It is intended for seafaring personnel qualified as a watchkeeping officer but with little or no DP experience.
Topics covered include:
- Theory of DP operations
- Elements of a DP system
- The operation of DP facilities
- Position reference systems
- Special functions and applications of DP systems
- Power generation and management
- Watchkeeping and operational procedures
Each student attending this course has exclusive use of an SDP 11 system on their desk. The course is taught by an experienced DP Operator.