The purpose of this programme is to really question where the difficultly lies – is it with them? Or is it about your level of flexibility and adaptability to the situation. This is a really fascinating programme, and one which will take your understanding of others to a deeper level and to really understand the motivation and drivers of behaviour.
The course will cover a range of aspects including:
- To review historical challenging situations and to understand specifically what it is that makes a situation difficult – in your view!
- Understanding scripts and how behaviour is played through your script in the workplace
- Does all behaviour have a positive intent? Understanding behaviour from its source and how to view it from a different perspective thus becoming less of a frustration
- Winthropp Theory – thinking strategically to solve an issue
- Understanding how you deal – and – how to deal with conflict
- Applying the learning to live scenarios in the workplace
At the end of the course you will:
- Have a far deeper understanding and recognition about how behaviour can been seen as difficult, when perhaps in reality it isn’t
- Increase your knowledge around the drivers of challenging behaviour and be able to view it from a different perspective by having the ability to re-frame your thought process
- How to be more strategic in your problem solving process
- Understand how to deal with conflict more effectively to achieve a win-win outcome
This one day (9am to 4.30pm) programme will run throughout the year depending on demand. The programme is due to take place on 24 February but please contact us for future dates and availability.
How much will it cost?
The programme costs £179 per person plus vat . Funding support may be available – please contact the college to discuss.