Course: Sport and Exercise Science BTEC
Sport and Exercise Science BTEC
Sixth Form College
FT / PT
The Subsidiary Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science is designed to give students an opportunity to explore the key underlying principles of sport and exercise such as anatomy for sport and exercise, sport and exercise physiology, psychology and biomechanics. This knowledge can then be used to inform your own training and personal development within the sports field.
The qualification is vocationally based with a combination of practical activities underpinned with theoretical study, giving you a good mix of learning environments and real life learning experiences.
You will develop a range of skills through units which will include:
- Anatomy for Sport Exercise
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sports Biomechanics in Action
- Research methods for Sport and Exercise
- Research project in Sport and Exercise Sciences
If you choose to combine BTEC Sport (DCF) and BTEC Sport and Exercise Science you will also have access to our football and rugby academies (including professional coaching hours). Individualised sport pathways are possible. Talk to us about different combinations.
What We Add
- Outstanding facilities, equipment and technology, including access to brand-new indoor/outdoor sporting and fitness facilities at Barnards Centre Point and Waterlane Leisure Centre.
- Wide range of sports options available as enrichment activities including football, rugby, cricket, netball, badminton, basketball and many more. Students will be able to participate in College sports teams, playing other colleges in the region.
- Visits to sports venues guest speakers and work experience in the sports industry are available.
You will need to meet the standard college entry criteria for BTEC level 3 qualifications.
- Combined with other subjects your BTEC can help you to access a Higher Education course in sport and exercise science, strength and conditioning, teaching, sport therapy, nutrition and physiotherapy
- Lead onto an apprenticeship within the sport science field
- Lead directly into employment within the sports industry