Course: Progression to Creative, Hospitality, Employability or Construction
Progression to Creative, Hospitality, Employability or Construction
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
You will develop your confidence, personal skills and academic skills to help you progress. There is a strong emphasis on building self-confidence and social skills. We will help you prepare for further education, support internships and encourage you to develop your employability skills.
The course includes ‘core’ lessons in maths, English, vocational lessons and community action lessons. All of your lessons will include practical tasks, group work, guest speakers, community projects, work experience and written work to build a portfolio of evidence.
You will be able to choose one of the following:
- Creative media/creative arts
- Work experience and employability
Topics you may study include:
- Community projects and helping others
- Interpersonal skills
- Healthy relationships
- Budgeting and managing money for independent living
- Being healthy – physical and mental health
- Functional skills in English and maths
You will also be able to take part in projects such as volunteering, work experience, making and selling crafts, gardening and plant sales and event organisation.
Trips and visits you may also take part in:
- Wellbeing centres or support organisations
- Local employers and voluntary organisations
- Local care homes or schools
- Local museums and art galleries
This course takes place three days per week from 9am-4pm.
There are no specific entry requirements, you just need an enthusiastic and mature approach to education and learning. You will also need excellent attendance and timekeeping throughout the course.
You can progress into another year in Foundation Learning, on to a mainstream course in the wider college, into a supported internship, employment or volunteering.