Course: Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) Level 2
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
Specialist training in all aspects of acting, dance and singing. Although all areas of performing arts are covered in lesson time you will be encouraged to work to your strengths and career aspirations alongside developing new and existing skills.
- You will learn and develop acting and voice skills and techniques across a number of drama styles and genres from classical to contemporary texts including pantomime, plays and musical theatre performances throughout the course.
- You will learn and develop dance skills and techniques across a number of genres including jazz, contemporary, musical theatre and urban dance styles through workshops and performances.
- Some technical theatre training is included through performance projects for those interested in scenic design, lighting and sound.
At East Coast College (Gt. Yarmouth) you will have the chance to develop your talents and ensure you get the very BEST full time performing arts training in the area, in the very best environment.
Our staff are supportive and fully qualified, professional practitioners in drama, dance and musical theatre, having worked and still working in the industry and we have industry contacts ensuring you get the best possible training, advice and guidance for your future careers.
Over 20 years of experience and with former students working in the industry worldwide there is no better place to be if you are serious about a performing arts career!
- Our students have the opportunities to perform in ALL the local venues in numerous performances (dance, drama and musical theatre) throughout their time with us
- Fantastic facilities with in-house theatre, recording studio, dance studio and gym as well as our own student theatre company and opportunities to be involved in film projects with our visual and creative media department.
- Former students currently performing, teaching and producing shows in the West End, UK and worldwide, providing advice, guidance and workshops to our current students
- Regular trips to professional productions both locally and in London’s West end
- Workshops with top working professional practitioners from the West End and beyond.
- Opportunities to work outside college hours with Triple T Productions performing at Gorleston Pavilion and Hippodrome Circus
A supportive environment to take you to the next level …..
You will need to have 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above ideally including Maths & English.
This course would suit anyone with a passion for performing and an interest in a future performance/production based career in the incredibly diverse performing arts industry. It will suit those wanting to develop and extend existing performance skills, whether as an actor, dancer or singer and give you the opportunity for specialist knowledge and training to improve your progression and enhance career prospects.
You will be assessed through both practical and theory based assignment work often built into performance projects covering a range of different performing arts disciplines.
Students can progress to the Level 3 Performing Arts, 90 Credit/Extended Diplomas in performing arts.
Performing arts at ECC has an enviable reputation in the area for its success in students progression into stage schools and universities with 100% of those applying gaining places.
This course can lead to employment within the performing arts industry as an actor, dancer, singer or a combination of all three as a musical theatre (triple threat) performer in regional, national and international theatre, TV, film and entertainment teams.
Other employment areas of the industry could include performance production, directing, arts administration, choreography, teaching, arts administration and a host of other related jobs
Related Study Programmes
Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) Level 3