Course: Diploma in Management Practice and Advanced Techniques in the Hair and Beauty Sector – Theatrical and Media Make-Up Level 4
FT / PT
The City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Theatrical and Media Make-Up Techniques has been designed to help you progress within the media make-up industries. This course will provide you with the progression techniques and understanding needed to help you start your career as a theatrical, editorial, media, fashion or freelance make-up artist.
You will be taught by industry professionals who will provide you with the advanced skills needed to enter employment or go onto higher education.
This course is practical-based and assessed in a realistic working environment. Knowledge and understanding are assessed through assignments and online tests.
Modules you may study include:
- Principles of studio photography
- Making and testing beauty therapy products
- Creating and casting small prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Applying prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Managing the creation of a hair style collection
- Researching fashion, theatrical, special effects and media make-up industry
- Chemistry of hair and beauty products
- Physiology of ageing
The cost of this course is £5,421, with loan options available. For further details please contact the Admissions team on 0800 854 695 or email email@example.com. A student kit will also need to be purchased for £550.
To apply for this course you need to have completed a Level 3 course in Media Make-Up.
For each mandatory and optional unit chosen, you will be required to complete an assignment. The assignments will cover: practical tasks, presentations, demonstrations, and knowledge and understanding of tasks.
These qualifications can help you to progress in a wide range of roles within the hair and beauty sector including:
- Professional media make-up artist
- Theatre, film, print media, photographic studios
- Product manufacturing and training
- Salon owner/manager
- Training provider