To be a leader you have to have followers, so your ability to motivate, inspire and lead others is fundamental. This programme will cover the key behaviours, characteristics and skills to become an effective leader.
This one day (9am to 4.30pm) programme will run throughout the year depending on demand. The programme is due to take place on 19 May but please contact us for future dates and availability.
The course will cover a range of aspects including:
- Understand the difference between leadership and management and how these styles impact on your day to day management
- Recognise key leadership behaviours and how to demonstrate them practically
- Positional and Personal sources of influence and how these impact in communication, productivity and efficiency
- Understand the power of building trust with others and how to do this
- Understand how different workplace situations can impact on your style of leadership when getting the best out of performing and non-performing individuals
At the end of the course you will:
- Recognise how leadership and management space can impact on your day to day efficiency and you will really get underneath the understanding of the difference
- Gain a practical know-how to demonstrate leadership behaviours, as well as a fantastic model to demonstrate how to build trust
- Understand how to influence others using your inner sources of influence which every person has access to
- Know how to get the best out of others by shifting your leadership style
How much will it cost?
The course costs £179 per person. Funding support may be available – please contact the college to discuss.