Course: HNC Public Services (Civil Protection)
HNC Public Services
FT / PT
This course will cover a range of units that will allow you to gain a deeper understanding of the public sector and services, structures of the organisations, mental health impacts on the sector and a wide range of topical issues happening in the world today.
This pathway ensures a broad range of study while allowing for development of the civil protection specialism, which will prepare you for further study, training or employment.
Units you may study include:
- Organisational Structures and Culture
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Equality, Diversity and Fair Treatment
- Public Services in Contemporary Society
- Integrated Emergency Management
- Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Personal and Professional Development
- Fitness Preparation and Testing
You can apply for this course over on the University of Suffolk website. Click ‘Apply Now’ to be taken there.
Please contact us to discuss entry requirements.
A variety of assessments will be used on the course to enable you to experience and adapt to different assessment styles. The assessment methods used will be appropriate to assess each module’s intended learning outcomes. Assessment on the course overall will be approximately 80% coursework (including essays, reports, presentations, group work and research projects), and 20% practical assessments.