Course: HNC in Public Services (Civil Protection)
HNC Public Services
FT / PT
The HNC in Public Services (Civil Protection) is for those seeking to pursue and advance a career in the public services through applied learning, bringing together the knowledge, skills and understanding that underpin the discipline. The pathway ensures a broad range of study via a core of learning while allowing for development of the civil protection specialism, which will prepare the student for further study, training or employment within a programme designed in collaboration with a range of sector specialist organisations.
- Organisational Structures and Culture
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Equality, Diversity and Fair Treatment
- Public Services in Contemporary Society
- Integrated Emergency Management
- Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Personal and Professional Development
- Fitness Preparation and Testing
Please contact us to discuss entry requirements.
A variety of assessments will be used on the course to enable you to experience and adapt to different assessment styles. The assessment methods used will be appropriate to assess each module’s intended learning outcomes. Assessment on the course overall will be approximately 80% coursework (including essays, reports, presentations, group work and research projects), and 20% practical assessments.