Course: Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training Level 3
FT / PT
£2,225 (loan option available)
This Active IQ qualification aims to train you to a professionally competent level, enabling you to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing your skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training. Successful completion of this course will qualify you as a personal trainer.
During the qualification you will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with your clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if you wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
You will be taught by industry professionals using our own gym and fitness facilities, with access to an online e-learning platform and course manual to support your studies.
Throughout the course you will complete 130 hours of training, spread mostly over evening sessions, but with some full days during the academic holidays. The course is due to start in September 2021 – full course dates available on request.
The cost of this course is £2225, with loan options available. More information about the loan options available can be supplied on request or will be available on application.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and you should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
You can progress within East Coast College onto Higher Education courses, such as our FdSc in Sport, Health and Exercise and BSc in Sport, Health and Exercise.
This qualification also provides progression to:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Programmes.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.