This one day programme will give you the fundamentals of the principles of management and will define the difference of an operational/technical role to the skills required to be an effective manager. Going into a management role requires many skills, and this learning will assist you by giving you the ‘how’ to carry out your role effectively.
During the programme you will develop knowledge and skills vital to management roles including:
- Understanding the principles of management and what good management looks like
- Understanding management styles and the impact these have on engagement and output
- How you manage performance through setting clear objectives
- How you manage performance through setting Key Performance Indicators
- How you manage performance through one-to-one communication with your team to monitor and encourage high performance
- Recognising the difference between efficiency and effectiveness and addressing the balance
- Understanding and practising the key steps to achieve effective delegation
- Learning how to do ‘Straight Talking’ and deliver feedback without the fear of damaging the relationship
You will also learn more about:
- Those skills and capabilities you need to adopt to be an effective manager
- Your natural style of management and be able to recognise management styles that demotivate and encourage poor performance and lack of accountability
- Practical knowledge and learning which can be implemented immediately to help manage the performance of individuals
- An easy step by step process to ensure you always delegate effectively
- How to deliver a difficult message or feedback.
How much will it cost?
£179 per person, plus vat. Funding support may be available – please contact the college to discuss further.