Course: ESports Level 3
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
Esports, short for electronic sports, explores the world of competitive video gaming.
Esports is competitive (human-vs-human) and usually has an engaging spectator element to it, like traditional sports.
Through this course you will look at more than just the games that are played, you will immerse yourself in the psychology of competitive sports. This will keep you mentally and physically healthy as a competitor of Esports, build your brand within the industry and help you become an entrepreneur in a primarily online space.
Modules you will study include:
- Esports skills, strategies and analysis
- Esports events
- Psychology for Esports performance
- Producing an Esports brand
- Ethical and current issues in Esports
- Health and wellbeing for Esports players
Why choose us?
- You will study a variety of modules to ensure you have a wide skillset for a range of roles in the industry
- You will benefit from opportunities to run your own gaming event at college
- This qualification is endorsed by official sporting bodies including the British eSports association.
You will ideally need to have achieved four GCSEs at grade 4 or above including maths or English, or have a Level 2 qualification at merit or above from a linked course including sport, business, media and IT.
Assignments will be completed through written tasks, practical tasks, presentations, professional posters, running events, self reflective journals, blogs, videos and evidence of tasks completed.
You could progress to university to study a degree in subjects such as Sport, Esports, Psychology and Business. You could also go into work in the Esports industry working as a player, in social media, advertising, marketing or running events.