Course: Electrical Installation Level 3
Electrical Installation L3
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course is fully subscribed for September 2021. If you are interested in finding out about the other Level 3 courses we offer in construction and building trades, please visit our course pages in Carpentry and Joinery, Painting and Decorating and Plumbing and Heating.
If you need extra support or you would like to be put on the waiting list, please contact our Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in being part of the exciting and growing electrical industry? If so, this course is for you.
You will learn through practical and theory lessons held in our specialist electrical installation workshops using the very latest industry standard equipment.
You may study units including:
- Electrical installation planning, preparing and designing
- Electrical installation craft skills
- Inspecting, testing and commissioning of electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Electrical science and principals
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Understanding environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems
Why study with us:
- You will be taught by highly skilled and qualified members of staff
- You will learn in specialist electrical installation rooms, where you will carry out your practical work
- You will be encouraged to complete a work experience placements which can sometimes lead to apprenticeship opportunities
You will need to have completed Electrical Installation Level 2. Your entry level will be assessed based on any previous experience you may have, initial aptitude test results, as well as discussing your goals and aspirations. No matter what level you start at, each course prepares you for the next, to allow you to progress and maximise your potential.
Assignments are practical and written and cover the skills and knowledge in the above units – there are various practical tasks to be completed within the practical workbook and each unit will have online, on-demand testing using multiple choice questions (e-assessment). There will be long answer written papers and final end of year practical testing exams.
You can progress into an apprenticeship or employment in careers such as a systems engineer, turbine technician, alarm engineer, marine engineer, domestic electrician, lighting designer, network engineer, industrial electrician or a solar PV electrician.