Course: Dog Grooming Level 2
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
If you’re looking to start a career in the dog grooming industry, then this is course is for you! Working with animals is extremely rewarding, but it can require long hours with dedication and enthusiasm the key to success. Throughout the course you will gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to work as a Dog Grooming Assistant. This could be for a business or franchise, and it could be based in a salon or a mobile unit.
During the course you will cover:
- Preparing and grooming dogs before bathing
- Bathing of dogs
- Drying dogs and preparing a dog for styling
- Carrying out trimming of a dog’s coat to prepare for styling
- Moving and lifting dogs
- Maintaining the cleanliness and biosecurity of the dog grooming environment
- Professional conduct
- An introduction to anatomical features, breed characteristics and behaviour of dogs
This qualification is suitable for those aged 19 years and over.
The next intake of this course is September 2022.
There are no formal entry requirements, however due to the nature of both the learning and assessment required you will need a good standard of English and maths.
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully achieve the following assessments:
- One externally set, externally quality assured assignment.
- One externally set, externally marked exam, sat under examination conditions.
The qualification is graded Pass/Merit/Distinction.
Students will have the opportunity to progress on to Level 2 City and Guilds subject to funding.
Related Study Programmes
FdSc Conservation Science and Animal Management (Wildlife and Zoo)
Animal Care Level 2
Animal Care Level 1