Course: Diploma in Professional Cookery Level 3
FT / PT
Hospitality is an engaging, sociable working environment, with career opportunities everywhere – hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and bars are a few establishments that make up the exciting industry. This course is for anyone who wants to improve their skills and knowledge in professional cookery. You will need a genuine desire and enthusiasm to progress from the Level 2 Professional Cookery course or have sufficient industrial experience working in food preparation and cooking. You should aim for 100 per cent attendance and commitment to your course.
This programme includes a variety of units including:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare, cook and finish fish, meat and poultry for complex dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot sauces, soups and bread and dough products
- Prepare, finish and present canapés and cocktail products
- Prepare, cook and finish dressings, cold sauces and cold desserts
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
Your study will be hands-on in both practice and production kitchens. This will provide you with opportunities to cater for lunches and dinners, as well as for special events. There will also be theory sessions to research and support assignments that cover the practical activities for all outcomes and will also sample underpinning knowledge to verify coverage of the unit.
Work experience is part of the study programme and previous students have worked for Tom Kerridge, Jamie Oliver and Raymond Blanc.
Level 2 VRQ/NVQ in Professional Cookery. English language and maths grade 4 (new students).
Dishes produced are assessed by observation which is tracked and maintained individually by each student. The programme is monitored by internal quality assurance and external verification by City and Guilds.
Our ex-students are now working in the hospitality sector both locally and nationally and have even gone on to study at degree level.
This course prepares you for a career in the Hospitality Industry. Use the links to discover more:
http://www.hospitalityguild.co.uk/A-Career-in-Hospitality/Career-Map and http://www.hospitalityguild.co.uk/A-Career-in-Hospitality/Personality-Test
Alternatively further study leading to Level 4 – 6 qualifications at the University of Essex http://www.edgehotelschool.ac.uk
Related Study Programmes
Diploma in Professional Cookery Level 3
Food and Beverage Service Level 2
Professional Cookery or Kitchen Services Level 2