Course: Barbering Level 3
Great Yarmouth Campus
One year, 10 hours per week
FT / PT
The Level 3 Diploma in Barbering is an occupational qualification that provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as an employed and/or self-employed barber.
You will learn how to work on hair combining a variety of different technical skills. This qualification is ideal for those who hold a hairdressing or barbering qualification and work in a commercial barbershop/salon.
It is highly recommended that you work within a barbers salon or are prepared to participate within the work placement programme for one day a week.
This qualification will build on your existing knowledge and understanding of barbering and develop more detailed and enhanced technical skills necessary for employment. Your skills and techniques will be assessed in a real working environment in our on-site Salon, Visions.
You will study four mandatory units:
- How to provide client consultation services
- How to creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques
- How to design and create a range of facial hair shapes
- How to provide shaving services
You will need to have achieved a Level 2 qualification in hairdressing or barbering or have two years’ experience in a barbers.
You will need to be aged 19+ to apply for this course.
You will build up a portfolio of your work and be assessed by observation. There will also be an exam for each unit.
Career opportunities as a barber exist in a variety of contexts, including:
- Commercial barber shop/salons
- Specialist African type hair barber shop/salons
- Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Product manufacturing and training
- Television, film, theatre and media
- Armed service
- HM Prison Service
- Cruise liners
- Hospitals/care homes