Course: Animal Care Level 1
Great Yarmouth Campus
FT / PT
This course will introduce you to skills such as care, handling and grooming as well as general topics including working in a team and working safely. The course is focused on practical work, and you’ll have plenty of hands-on experience with different kinds of animals. You will also have classroom sessions to help build your general knowledge and maths and English skills.
- Success rates well above national average
- Excellent links with local employers leading to work placements
- Highly qualified, specialist teaching staff
- Unit specific trips to zoos, sanctuaries, UEA and more
- Great progression routes to level 2, 3, apprenticeships and higher education
You need 4 GCSEs at grade 2/E including English & maths.
Assessments vary for each module containing a variety; written portfolio, case studies, presentation, field work and poster work. Assessment is on-going throughout the year and will occur in college and on placement.
You can progress on to Animal Care Level 2 or an apprenticeship.
Related Study Programmes
Animal Care Level 2
Animal Management Level 3
FdSc Wildlife Conservation and Animal Management