Course: Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
Active IQ Personal Training
FT / PT
The Level 3 Diploma is the perfect course for anyone who has existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to further develop your skills and enable you to pursue a career in personal training.
During the qualification you will learn; further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training, nutrition for exercise, health and fitness, lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing, effective communication skills for client consultations, skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients, the legal and professional requirements for personal training, how to set up and manage a personal training business and how to manage, evaluate and improve your own performance.
You will be taught by industry professionals using our own gym and fitness facilities, with access to an online e-learning platform and course manual to support your studies.
Throughout the course you will complete 80 hours of training, spread mostly over evening sessions, but with some full days during the Easter holidays and May half term. The course is due to start in April 2021 – full course dates available on request.
The cost of this course is £811, with loan options available. More information will be available on application.
You must hold a suitable Level 2 qualification in gym instructing.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
You will be assessed by coursework/project, multiple choice examination, portfolio of evidence and practical demonstration/assignment.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning